Experimental Results-Pull Out Tests
Bond Strength Between Steel and concrete
Comparison between Coated Steel
Steel tubes Replacing Rebar ??
Hadi, Alhussainy & Sheikh (2017) proposed using circular small diameter steel tube sections instead of deformed steel bars in reinforcing concrete columns.
Bond enhancement and Casing Pipe - impact on drilling performance
Steel casing pipe
A large diameter pipe used to line the borehole and held in place with cement.
The steel pipe casing is subject to axial tension:
- by its dead weight
- by external pressure of the surrounding rock,
- by internal pressure of the fluid purging.
When it is well cemented in place, the drilling process is aided in the following ways:
- Casing sticks the drill string and prevents unstable upper formation from caving in.
- It prevents water well zones contamination.
- It allows smooth internal bore for installing production equipment
- It prevents contamination of production zones and fluid loss.
- It seals off high-pressure zone from the surface